Go Green and Save Some Green Using Recycled Parts!
We’ve been green for over 100 years. You just never knew it.
It’s clear that the environment is top of mind these days, and for good reason. That’s why you’ll be happy to know that each member of the Arizona Automotive Recyclers Association has been making significant contributions to protecting the environment since day one.
In fact, the AARA recycles 85-90% of every vehicle we process, saving tons of scrap each year and maximizing the reuse of materials that might otherwise pollute the environment.
The AARA is a proud member of the Automotive Recyclers Association (A RA), an international trade association “dedicated to the efficient removal and reuse of automotive parts, and the safe disposal of inoperable motor vehicles.”
Some Facts About Automotive Recyclers
- We are the 16th largest industry in the United States with over $5 Billion in annual sales.
- We recycle over 11 million automobiles, buses, trucks and motorcycles every year, saving an estimated 85 million barrels of oil that would otherwise be used in the manufacture of new replacement parts.
- Additional energy and resource conservation is realized by recycling rebuildable core parts for automotive parts re-builders and scrap metal processors.
- We supply 37% of all ferrous scrap (iron & steel) to our nation’s scrap processing industry.
- We help keep our nationís highways and roads clear of abandoned and disabled vehicles by providing State and Local agencies with a place to deposit these vehicles.
- We hold down Insurance rates by purchasing inoperative vehicles from insurance companies, allowing them to recover some of their losses. Insurance companies are the automotive recyclers major source of vehicles.
- We reduce pollution. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, when a mill uses scrap iron and steel in place of ore, there is a 86% reduction in air pollution, a 76% reduction in water pollution and a 105% reduction in solid waste.
- Automotive recyclers sell the majority of their inventory to commercial repair operations; including body shops, new and used car dealers, repair shops and auto and truck fleets. These professionals know the value of recycled auto parts.
- We offer wholesale and retail customers quality parts that sell for up to 50% less than the comparable new part.
- We offer substantial warranties on recycled auto parts that often are better than the manufacturer’s new part warranty.
- We are an important source of hard-to-find parts and components.
- We can often locate parts faster than new part dealers because we are linked via Internet and/or satellite Communications Systems to dealers in other cities and states.
- We sell whole components rather than dozens of little parts, saving consumers and repair shops time and money for repair work.